ADSM-L

DASD distribution

1995-10-13 16:40:44
Subject: DASD distribution
From: Ron Ritchey <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 1995 15:40:44 CDT
I have four 3390 that we are going to dedicate to ADSM. I want to
split them up as follows: 25cyl on each for recovery log, 900cyl
on each for the database, 900cyl on each for the database recovery
log, 300cyl on each for the storage pools, and 100cyl on each
for expansion.

Is ADSM smart enough to use the database mirror on the third 3390 when
it is writing to the recovery log on the first 3390 and reading
the database on the second 3390? Does it do this automatically or
is there a way to set it up to do so? I don't want to split up the
database, recovery log, and database mirrors and have the server
select the volumes off the same drive.