ADSM-L

Twin tapes

1995-10-13 08:33:13
Subject: Twin tapes
From: Ron Ritchey <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 1995 07:33:13 CDT
We have 3480 tape drives that we are going to be migrating the
DASD storage pools to. The 3480 will hold 180 to 200 Mb of data,
is that correct? If so, is it 180 with or without data compressed
or can you get more on the tape when the data is compressed? If so
how much? We are looking at starting out with a couple hundred users
and if it goes over good, we could have around 5000 users. That would
take alot of tapes!!!

If you have your tapes in a scratch pool and you twin a tape storage
pool, do the twin tapes come out of the same scratch pool or do you
have to create a separate scratch pool for them? Do the tape
have to have some sort of naming convention to be twined? Does anyone
have any idea when tape twining will be available on VM?

Any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.