ADSM-L

Re: move tapes from ADSM tape pool to scratch

1995-10-12 20:33:17
Subject: Re: move tapes from ADSM tape pool to scratch
From: Wendy Alberg <WAXY AT CORNELLC.CIT.CORNELL DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 1995 20:33:17 EDT
Ron Ritchey <[email protected]> said:
>We are looking at moving some tapes that we have definde in a ADSM
>tape storage pool to our scratch pool.

Andy posted an automated solution, if you want to do this as a regular
thing.  If you're just doing a one-time move of some volumes, though,
you can just:

  o Mark the tapes read only   (UPD VOL volser ACC=READO)
  o MOVE DATA off the tapes    (MOVE DATA volser  <- one for each tape)
  o Delete the tapes from ADSM (DEL VOL volser  <- one for each tape)

I'm not up on standard ways of telling CA-1 to make the tapes scratch;
you'd have to do that, too, of course.

Wendy Alberg, Computer Resources Technical Support Group, 315 CCC,
Cornell Information Technologies, Cornell Univ., Ithaca, NY 14853
wa10 AT cornell DOT edu    607/255-2672