ADSM-L

Re: 4MM tape drive (tape?) problems..

1995-10-12 11:44:25
Subject: Re: 4MM tape drive (tape?) problems..
From: Paul Zarnowski <VKM AT CORNELLC.CIT.CORNELL DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 1995 11:44:25 EDT
Good luck!
..Paul

Paul Zarnowski                     Phone:   607/255-4757
Cornell Information Technologies   Fax:     607/255-6523
Cornell University                 US Mail: 315 CCC, Ithaca, NY 14853-2601

---End of forwarded mail from Paul Zarnowski <psz1 AT cornell DOT edu>

Paul and others...

When I have had bad data on a tape, I have done the AUDIT VOLUME FIX=YES.
This removes the entries for the files that cannot be read.  Then a
MOVEDATA command will successfully move all the good files to a fresh tape.
This was confirmed by IBM as the proper way to address a bad block/file on
a tape.
Susie