ADSM-L

latest v2r1 fixes available for ftp.

1995-10-11 16:59:55
Subject: latest v2r1 fixes available for ftp.
From: David Derk <derk AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 1995 13:59:55 PDT
>The latest Ver 2 Rel 1 Client Code PTF's are available on the anonymous

>>  I can't get through to IBMLINK.  Do these fixes fix the "sometimes
>>file gets erased on RESTORE/RETRIEVE" problem?  The README file on the
>>ftp server doesn't say.

Yes this fix is included in this level V2R1L0.1.  This should be
documented in the README under APAR number IC10795 or IC09274.
Here is the text I copied from one of the readme files:

IC10795 - Fix for deletion of the local copy of a file during a
prompted restore dialog, "show prompt" for GUIs or rep=prompt
for command line clients, when the file exists on the
workstations and a communication timeout occurs.

IC09274 - Problem with dsmc restore TAPEPROMPT=YES REPLACE=NO
Answer NO to tape prompt, local file can be erased.

Which client readme file are you looking at?  If you still
do not see it in there contact me directly.

David Derk
derk AT vnet.ibm DOT com