ADSM-L

Re: Windows 3.1 Client Memory Utilization

1995-10-11 13:35:38
Subject: Re: Windows 3.1 Client Memory Utilization
From: "Wayne T. Smith" <wts AT MAIL.CAPS.MAINE DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 1995 12:35:38 EST
Jerry said, in part..
> Has anyone tried to measure what the memory utilization of the ADSM Scheduler
> is
>  in Windows 3.1?
>
> I have run up against a LAN Administrator that doesn't want to put the
> scheduler
>  in the
> Windows StartUp folder because it takes up memory, and we are experiencing
> memor
> y problems ...

Windows 3.1/3.11 memory problems are certainly a problem for us, but
the V2 client seems very good.  Whereas NetScape and Pegasus mail each
like to take about 20% of Windows resources (as reported in the
"About" help box on my machine), the ADSM Scheduler takes (a reported)
0%. So I understand your LAN administrator's concern.

What can you tell us, IBM?

cheers,

Wayne T. Smith
Systems Group -- CAPS        internet: wts AT maine.maine DOT edu
University of Maine System   BITNET/CREN: WTS@MAINE