ADSM-L

ADSM at Cornell Univ.

1995-10-09 14:08:23
Subject: ADSM at Cornell Univ.
From: Susan McClure <smcclure AT IS.RICE DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 1995 13:08:23 -0500
Paul
I saw the article in the ADSM storage newsletter about ADSM at Cornell.
You mention that you have written or acquired many execs to enhance ADSM
usefulness.  Are these available ??- I could sure use some of the ones
you mention- in particular: The backup notifier (sends email to let user know
their system did not get backed up), and Activity Log Monitor (filters out
nominal entries from dail activity log and sends items of interest to ADSM
admins through email.)  Thanks for anything you can share with me !!

Also- question for you and others:  Is there a good way to get a rough
estimate of how much data gets backed up to the server each night ???
I can see files roll off disk to tape, but I don't see how to tell how many
MB of data I moved in a day.

susan McClure
Rice University