ADSM-L

ADSM database splitting?

1995-09-29 06:35:02
Subject: ADSM database splitting?
From: Clemens Milz <Milz AT LINDE-VA-MUC.CCMAIL.COMPUSERVE DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 1995 06:35:02 EDT
     Hello,

     Due to the experience of Helmut Richter (never ending data base
     audit), due to long seek times of queries with wildcards for inactive
     files, and finally due to a dramatic overall performance degradation,
     I am contemplating  splitting the ADSM data base for different client
     platforms. I am wondering if this would be possible with one or
     serveral ADSM servers at one MVS system and if so what the
     prerequisites would be.

     I have heard about the enhancements of version 2 but I am in doubt
     whether ADSM development can catch the explosion of our user data in
     the future. Really, I would love it...

     Is there anyone around here running such a scenario or having any
     insight or any other ideas?

     Thank you in advance and have a great weekend.

     Clemens Milz, Linde AG, Munich/Germany