ADSM-L

Re: Wildcards and Restores

1995-09-28 11:30:58
Subject: Re: Wildcards and Restores
From: Jerry Lawson <jlawson AT ITTHARTFORD DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 1995 10:30:58 EST
Andy -

>What I'm getting at is that for multiple filespaces, ADSM would not
>know which filespaces go where (unless perhaps the drives were
>labeled to match filespace names). This is something maybe IBM should
>consider implementing. Maybe they could add syntax to specify the
>filespace names for source file spec and drive letters for the target
>file spec, where there would be a one-to-one relationship between
>the nth filespace name and the nth drive letter.

If I read your suggestion correctly, this has use to us in a couple of ways.
First, we have people who have relabeled their C: drive (such as when they
installed Win95); they now have the two backups as you used in your example,
and can go back to the original if need be.  Also, this should be of value if
you are reformatting a hard drive to change partition sizes - labels could be
changed at this time, or data from other drives could be moved using this.

Thanks

Jerry Lawson