ADSM-L

Re: Vaulting and Offsite Storage

1995-09-28 00:21:02
Subject: Re: Vaulting and Offsite Storage
From: John O'Connell <JohnO10196 AT AOL DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 1995 00:21:02 -0400
       I am John O'Connell from Siemens Rolm.  I have used version 1 of a
ADSM/MVS server  to archive data to ADSM and send the tape off through CA1.
 CA1 is release  5.0 9405 genlevel our ADSM/MVS server is at 1.13.  We will
be upgrading to version 2 of ADSM in about a month.  I did the following in
order to send ADSM tapes offsite.                                1.  Setup a
 another device class in ADSM this device class (OFFSITE) had a different HLQ
for the tapes created ADSMRMT.
2. Setup another storage pool (ARCHCART) which uses the OFFSITE device class.

3.  Setup a management class and defined a archive copy group that used the
storage pool defined in step 2.
4.  Setup multiple schedules to use the management class defined in step 3.
 I have about 14 OS2 systems that are archived to ADSM and sent offsite every
week.
5.  Updated the TMSVAULT parm to sent tapes beginning with ADSMRMT offsite.
6.  At noon on Sunday the ADSM server is brought down and a
DUMPDB is done along with DFDSS full volume dumps.  These
tapes along with the taped in the ADSM storage pool between
Thursday  and Sunday day are sent offsite.
7.  Set the last tape written in ARCHCART to 'READ' only.  The last tape
written to is usually partially full.