ADSM-L

Re: Vaulting and Offsite Storage

1995-09-26 11:51:01
Subject: Re: Vaulting and Offsite Storage
From: Leonard Boyle <SNOLEN AT VM.SAS DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 1995 11:51:01 EDT
On Tue, 26 Sep 1995 10:50:36 -0500 Thomas P. Hughes said:

> Here's an example of the problem. Hopefully I'll describe this correctly:
>
> In talking with the MVS/CA/TMS people here we do indeed use the ARCTVEXT
>exit. The problem seems to be when only 3 1/2 of the 4 tapes are written,
>TMS is looking at this set as ready to be vaulted, but adsm still knows it
>has 1/2 a tape to write to and on the next backup run will call for the
>tape again, even though TMS has it flagged as not available. Thus we get
>the tapes is not scratch message.

You might try the adsm command "update volume" to change the access to
read/only.

Leonard Boyle, Mainframe support            snolen AT vm.sas DOT com
Leonard Boyle, Mainframe support            snolen AT vm.sas DOT com
SAS Institute Inc.                          ussas4hs@ibmmail
Room E206                                   (919) 677-8000 ext 6241
203 SAS Campus Drive
Cary NC 27513