ADSM-L

mid- to large-capacity DLT library support

1995-09-15 13:12:18
Subject: mid- to large-capacity DLT library support
From: Baba Z Buehler <baba AT BECKMAN.UIUC DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 1995 12:12:18 -0500
I'm interested in ADSM support for some of the larger DLT libraries, we're
going to need more storage than the 5 or 7-tape models support, and we also
want a multi-drive unit.

Some of the units I've seen are:

MTI:
        Infinity 1530 DLT Library
        28-cartridge, 2-drive (DLT4000)

ALT:
        ACL 4/52
        52-cartridge, 4-drive (DLT2000)

        ACL 2640
        264-cartride (expandable to 1320)
        3-drive (DLT2000) (expandable to 15)

The Infinity 1530 looks like it would best meet our current needs.

Does IBM plan to support any of these (or any similar) devices?

Thanks,
--
# Baba Z Buehler - 'Hackito Ergo Sum'
# Baba Z Buehler - 'Hackito Ergo Sum'