ADSM-L

OS/2 hang with ADSM and TCP/IP and Lan Server 4.0.

1995-09-14 14:42:22
Subject: OS/2 hang with ADSM and TCP/IP and Lan Server 4.0.
From: David Derk <derk AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 1995 11:42:22 PDT
Yes!  I have heard of 3 other customers with the same problem.
All three customers were running ADSM backups with no problems
before they installed LanServer 4.0.  MPTS is shipped with
Lan Server 4.0 and includes it own IP stack.

Look at your config.sys and see where INET.SYS and IFNDIS.SYS
is being loaded from.  If it installed from \MPTN\PROTOCOL\
directory then you are running the MPTN IP stack.

If you switch back to the IP stack from TCP/IP 2.0 the
problem should go away.  A re-install of TCP/IP 2.0 will do
this for you.

I know of at least one other customer who is working with MPTN
to find the problem.  It seems to be related to the token
ring device driver and certain Token Ring cards.

BTW all three of these customers seen the failure with
FTP.  They indicated FTP would produce the same results
with heady duty outbound TCP/IP traffic.  FTP PUT of a
large binary file.  One customer has also seen the problem
with PC3270.

David Derk