ADSM-L

Items to the wish-list...

1995-09-07 18:20:05
Subject: Items to the wish-list...
From: OLE DAVID <odavid AT IBM DOT NET>
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 1995 22:20:05 GMT
1. I'm not satisfy with the way the schedule in ADSM works. it seem like IBM
alway's think that point in time is the only way to schedule backup's. Today
we are using a product develop by IBM(England) called COPY2OS2 where it is
possible to start a tso session (jcl)  under mvs and from there we can start
adsm backup on our clients. Today we can build it into our CA7(like OPC)
scheduler.  The tso session wait until the backup is finish. Would the ADSM
developer please consider something like that, no point in time, but event
driven ????

2. It would be nice if we could get a interface from adsm to hsm abars,
instead of
   the very long running export function we are using today ???

3. Are you  considering developing a TANDEM client we will have a great interest
   for such a client.???
                                                                    Hope
that others will second this

motion????