ADSM-L

ADSM NT client questions

1995-09-05 19:59:03
Subject: ADSM NT client questions
From: "Pete Tanenhaus, ADSM Client Development" <pt AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 1995 19:59:03 EDT
>> From:         "Joseph A. Faracchio" <SPGJAF AT CMSA.BERKELEY DOT EDU>
>> Subject:      Wint NT ADSM (fwd)
>>To:           Multiple recipients of list ADSM-L <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
>>
>> We have some Windows NT users already running and *not* having a prob.
>> They are on Dec, HP and Micron systems but ... on Gateway ... sigh ..

The NT client only runs on Intel based NT systems at this time.

It does not run on other NT platforms such as Dec ALPHA, PPC, MIPS, etc.

>> Anybody recognize this error?  Otherwise I'll have to report it!
>> thanks .. joe.f.
>>
>> "An application error has occurred & an application error log
>>  is being generated.
>>
>>  DSM.EXE
>>
>>  Exception:  access violation (0xc0000005), address:  0x0045c860
>>
>>Note: (configuration:  Windows NT, version 3.51, build 1057, Service P 1
>>                     Gateway P5-90)

It's a bit strange that it only traps on that particular machine. I
haven't had any problems running the client with NT 3.51 but I haven't
tried it on any clones (unfortunately the hardware we have to develop
on here is old and slow ....).

If you send me some further details as to when the problem occurs
(during what function, etc.) and a DRWTSN32 post mortem dump I'll
take a look.

Pete Tanenhaus
ADSM Client Development