ADSM-L

Automatic Tape Libraries

1995-09-01 15:48:08
Subject: Automatic Tape Libraries
From: Bob Klein <KL2 AT CU.NIH DOT GOV>
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 1995 15:48:08 EDT
We are looking into setting up an automatic tape library for
our ADSM server, which currently is running on MVS.  We may
want to move the server eventually to one or more RS6000s.
I have two questions:

1) What have been your experiences using automatic tape libraries
with the MVS or VM ADSM server, specifically, what type(s) have you
tried and how have they worked out?

2) Is anyone aware of an automatic tape library that can be
connected simulaneously to an MVS system and an RS6000 system?

Thanks.

Robert P. Klein                          KL2 AT CU.NIH DOT GOV
Robert P. Klein                          KL2 AT CU.NIH DOT GOV
Phone: 301-496-7400                      Fax: 301-496-6905
Mail:  DCRT/CFB/ETS, 12A/1033, 12 SOUTH DR MSC 5607,
       BETHESDA, MD 20892-5607