ADSM-L

PC-NFS unusable

1995-08-30 13:30:47
Subject: PC-NFS unusable
From: "Pete Tanenhaus, ADSM Client Development" <pt AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 1995 13:30:47 EDT
The DOS client won't work because it requires a particular stacks realmode
socket library to be statically linked in, and we we currently only support
IBM TCP/IP and FTP Software TCP/IP stacks.

The Windows client dynamically loads the socket library from a DLL (Winsock),
so in theory any stack which implements Winsock should work, but past
experiences have indicated that many stacks require special customization/
configuration of Windows/DOS or the stack itself in order to work correctly.

We have not tested PC/NFS so I can't comment as to what type of special
configuration may be required for that particular stack.

Pete Tanenhaus
ADSM Development