ADSM-L

Restore Netware 3.12 volu

1995-08-29 14:00:29
Subject: Restore Netware 3.12 volu
From: GLW2 <GLW2 AT OFS.CO.WESTCHESTER.NY DOT US>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 1995 14:00:29 -0400
Question, we had a hard drive go bad on a Netware 3.12 server and will
be using ADSM to recover the data.  The drive is partitioned into 2
500mb volumes, called CORR1 and CORR2.  We run the MVS server, with 95%
of the backup data residing on 3480 cartridges.  In the interest
of speeding up the process, can we :

  1. Restore both filespaces simultaneously with one run of the
     DSMC RESTORE by using pattern matching for the similar (vol) names.

  2. If not, can we load two concurrent sessions of DSMC, one for
     each filespace.

  3. Also, the  -REPLACE= parameter is a bit mysterious to me.  Our
     documentation does not indicate what the default is and I'm not
     sure which value (if any) is best for restoring to an empty disk.

No need to go into the issue of collocation.  We have chosen not to use
it because of the shear volume of tapes it would generate !
Please respond to my address to avoid annoyance of list subscribers !
Thanks,  Gary Wood,  Westchester County, NY