ADSM-L

Migrating some nodes to a different tape storage pool

1995-08-23 14:14:20
Subject: Migrating some nodes to a different tape storage pool
From: Melinda Varian <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 1995 14:14:20 EDT
We are about to get a remote (attached by a channel extender) tape robot.
I want to use the tapes in that robot only for backups of clients that
are in the same building as the local tape robot.  These clients are
already in a separate domain, but they use the same tape storage pool as
all other clients.  Once I have completed this, I can stop doing offsite
backups of the backups of these clients, so there is a strong incentive
to complete the project as quickly as possible.  What approach should I
use?

Melinda Varian,
Princeton University