ADSM-L

Re: Anyone (else) seen

1995-08-22 18:19:24
Subject: Re: Anyone (else) seen
From: "Joanne T. Nguyen" <jtn AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 1995 15:19:24 PDT
>Jerry Lawson asks about protocol error/session terminated messages
>following a password change.  We have also noticed this.  We are at the
>same software levels (MVS 14, Windows 7).  Client seems to connect OK a
>the next attempt. however it is confusing to the customer and looks lik
>a bug.  I too would be interested any explanation/fix.

The problem is after the new password has been entered & updated on
the server, the client needs to close the session then open another
session in schedule mode.  The client was opening a general session
instead and this caused the protocol error on the server.

We've taken apar IC11063 for this and the fix will be available
in the next ptf (PTF #2).  Because the apar was opened against V1
client & we're not doing fixes for V1, a new apar will be opened.

Joanne Nguyen
ADSM Development