ADSM-L

[no subject]

1995-08-16 14:13:35
From: Baba Z Buehler <baba AT BECKMAN.UIUC DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 1995 13:13:35 -0500
"C. Broeders" <inr487 AT inrcblx2.kfk DOT de> writes:

I'm cc'ing this to the ADSM list because it might be of help to other people
trying to get this to work.

> To: Baba Z. Buehler, baba AT BECKMAN.UIUC DOT EDU
>
> Concerns: Linux and SCO ADSM Client
>
> L.S.
>
> In a mail copy from 3. May I found your success story of implementing
> the SCO ADSM Client on Linux. I am also very interested to install the
> ADSM service on my Linux boxes.
>
> So far I am running Slackware 2.3.0 with Linux kernel 1.2.8.
> iBCS is running succesfully with several SCO binaries.
>
> I have a SCO box with running ADSM Client. I have copied the /usr/adsm tree
> to my Linux box and made symbolic links for the binaries dsm,dsmadmc and dsmc
> to /usr/bin.

. . .

> Running dsm produces the expected gui window, however the following
> error windows with log-messages appear:
>

> 16.08.1995 05:54:44  Unable to locate valid trusted communication agent.
> 16.08.1995 05:54:44  Unable to locate valid trusted communication agent.
> 16.08.1995 05:54:44  ANS3156E Unable to query server mount information
> 16.08.1995 05:54:44  Trusted agent permissions incorrect
>

> The ADSM system administrator has made the same provisions for my Linux
> box as earlier for the SCO system.
>
> We feel there is something wrong with the dsmta program, but do not have
> any ideas at present how to proceed. Authorisations are the same as with SCO
> and AIX.

/usr/adsm/dsmtc needs to be setuid root to run correctly.

Also, I seem to remember getting similar errors when I first tried to run SCO
ADSM under iBCS.  You might double-check to make sure you have a correctly
working copy of iBCS.  The version I am using is 'ibcs-1.2-950413' with the
patch that fixes IPC.  The patch is important, ADSM won't run without it.

--
# Baba Z Buehler - 'Hackito Ergo Sum'
# Baba Z Buehler - 'Hackito Ergo Sum'