ADSM-L

ADSM Unix Client NFS mounted?

1995-08-10 09:22:00
Subject: ADSM Unix Client NFS mounted?
From: Mike Stewart <STEWAJM AT AUDUCADM.DUC.AUBURN DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 1995 08:22:00 -05
I've run into a problem installing the V1.2.10 client on Sun Solaris.

The client is installed onto machine A.  Both root and randomuser
can run the software.

NFS mount the drive which contains the software from machine B.
On machine B, only root can run the ADSM client.  Randomuser
gets Trusted Communications Agent Failed.

When I called the IBM support center, they told me the ADSM client
can not be run if it is on an NFS mounted drive.

We install most of our software on a "software server" machine,
and NFS mount it on our other machines.

What's the deal here?  Why doesn't ADSM run if NFS mounted?