ADSM-L

Experiences with ADSM/6000 and Redwood (StorageTek) ?

1995-08-08 14:07:20
Subject: Experiences with ADSM/6000 and Redwood (StorageTek) ?
From: Matthias Feyerabend <M.Feyerabend AT GSI DOT DE>
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 1995 19:07:20 +0100
Hello,

We are moving our ADSM Server from MVS to AIX and
are looking for a new tape library in the same time.

StorageTek proposes its helical scan technology with RedWood
and tapes with 10, 25 and 50 GB (uncompressed).

There seem to exist some (public ?) drivers for ADSM which
emulate 3490E and I am curious, if there is the possiblity
of fast search (locate block) like on the original 3490E.

There is a servo track for fast search, but in case of ADSM
only capable of searching start of 3490 tape, not looking
for blockids etc. inside the 3490 tape.

Somebody can talk of his or her experience ?

Thank You,

Matthias Feyerabend            phone:    (49) 6159 71-2519
Matthias Feyerabend            phone:    (49) 6159 71-2519
GSI, Darmstadt                 internet: M.Feyerabend AT gsi DOT de