ADSM-L

Re: client updates

1995-08-01 12:42:18
Subject: Re: client updates
From: Don Warren <dwarren AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 1995 09:42:18 -0700
Netview Distribution Manager is a good solution for this.  Both ADSM and
NetView/DM are part of IBM SystemView so you can expect that it will
become even easier to use them to together over time.

Here is a short description of some of NetView/DM's products.  Please
note that there are several NetView/DM products and this is not a
complete description of all of them:

NetView DM/6000 (now also an integral part of IBM SystemView for AIX) is
IBM's key product providing a scalable data and software distribution and
change management solution for AIX/6000 (R)-driven distributed networks.
These networks can be composed of the following homogeneous or heterogeneous
TCP/IP-connected client workstations:

          o   AIX/6000
          o   OS/2 (R)
          o   DOS
          o   DOS Windows+
          o   Windows NT**
          o   HP-UX**
          o   SUN**
          o   Solaris**
          o   NCR**
          o   SCO**

NetView DM for NetWare is IBM's key product providing a data and software
distribution and change management solution for Novell NetWare-driven
distributed networks, composed of homogeneous or heterogeneous Client
workstations (OS/2 , DOS and DOS Windows workstations, as well as other
Novell** NetWare servers).

Don Warren
ADSM Development