ADSM-L

Re: VMS Client Availability

1995-07-21 13:29:12
Subject: Re: VMS Client Availability
From: Christian Moser <Christian.Moser AT SCHERING DOT DE>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 1995 12:29:12 EST
     Lu,

     I totally agree with Paul's answer, dated 07/20/95

     >While ADSM has its share of problems, overall we are pretty happy
     >with it, as is our user community. ...

     to your question

     >I have been reading the user community Email for about 5 days.
     >I am suprised with the number of problems. Does it mean that
     >this is not as good of software as IBM presents? Is there
     >anyone out there to give me some positive feed back and experience?

     In 1993 we have been looking around for a product to backup data
     from several machines in our network to a centralized backup server
     and we found that ADSM would fit best.

     We are working with ADSM for about one and a half year now and
     we have seen many updates and great improvements to the product
     in between. Software problems were reported to IBM Germany where
     they have been solved accurately and fast to our satisfaction.
     Often we obtained new software via IBMs Internet FTP server.
     Thanks to IBM people who made my work so much easier now compared
     to some years ago.

     We are interested in further product improvements and we are glad
     to have the chance to tell that directly to the developers
     via this ADSM-L server.

     Christian Moser,           Internet: christian.moser AT schering DOT de
     SCHERING AG, 13342 Berlin, Tel.: (030)4681356 Fax: (030)46916719