ADSM-L

Re: NetWare ADSM Clients

1995-07-19 13:40:03
Subject: Re: NetWare ADSM Clients
From: Darren Fuson <darren_fuson AT MAILLINK.CMIC DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 1995 13:40:03 EDT
Hans,

We have been running with Novell V3.12 with user volumes up to 12GB.
I have one question, The large CPU utilization is that on your Novell
file server?  If it is here may be a possible answer.

If you are running Release 7 of the Novell Client we found that while
it corrected the limitation of the files that can be restored with
one command a problem caused very slow backup performance.  While using
Release 7 our backups would run well into the next business day and had
to be canceled  If you are using Release 7 I suggest that you upgrade
to Release 8 as soon as possible.  Release 8 also allows you a means of
causing ADSM to more frequently release the CPU back to Novell, it is
adjustable to fit the requirements of your company,  this may still
run utilization very high but other tasks will receive service.

Hope this helps.

Darren Fuson
Community Mutual Insurance Company