ADSM-L

Option to Restrict Output to SCHEDULELOG File

1995-07-13 16:06:27
Subject: Option to Restrict Output to SCHEDULELOG File
From: Bob Klein <KL2 AT CU.NIH DOT GOV>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 1995 16:06:27 EDT
Some of our users are backing up disks with thousands of files
and a very complicated subdirectory structure.  As a result, their
schedulelog file becomes very large very fast.  They would like
to be able to restrict the information that gets put in the
schedulelog file, e.g. just the summary stats.  They are using
the schedulelogretention option, but that does not really meet
their needs.  The QUIET option appears to affect only what is
displayed on the monitor, not what goes into the schedulelog
file.  Is there an option I have overlooked.  If not, could someone
from IBM comment on whether there are plans to provide this
sort of capability?  Thanks.

Robert P. Klein                          KL2 AT CU.NIH DOT GOV
Robert P. Klein                          KL2 AT CU.NIH DOT GOV
Phone: 301-496-7400                      Fax: 301-496-6905
Mail:  DCRT/CFB/ETS, 12A/1033, 12 SOUTH DR MSC 5607,
       BETHESDA, MD 20892-5607