ADSM-L

Re: MACROS

1995-07-10 11:37:10
Subject: Re: MACROS
From: Christian Moser <Christian.Moser AT SCHERING DOT DE>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 1995 10:37:10 EST
     Jane,

     if you still have not ADSM applied to any workstation you might use
     the TCPIP IUCV interface to communicate from TSO to your ADSM server.
     SAMPLIB member ANSPROC gives necessary allocations before you can
     invoke ADSM with the  DSMADMC  command.
     Of course you must have made some customizing before, e.g. defining an
     admin userid for your own by yousing console interface commands (MVS:
     modify adsm,adsm.command).
     After issuing DSMADMC from TSO you will be prompted for your userid
     and password, then you will get an  adsm>  prompt.  Now you can issue
     a macro which you might have created as member mymac in PO library
     my.lib by issuing the following command:

        macro 'my.lib(mymac)'

     The macro command is described in the book "Administrator's Reference"
     for the ADSM Server for MVS. Of course it can also by issued from an
     ADSM administrative client session on a supported workstation and that
     is what I normally do, because I do not like IUCV very much.

     Hope that helps, good luck
     Christian Moser,           Internet: christian.moser AT schering DOT de
     SCHERING AG, 13342 Berlin, Tel.: (030)4681356 Fax: (030)46916719