ADSM-L

Re: ADSM Macintosh client

1995-07-09 16:51:00
Subject: Re: ADSM Macintosh client
From: Hamish Marson <HAMISH AT WAIKATO.AC DOT NZ>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 1995 08:51:00 +1200
Add another campus vote to the complaints about the amount of memory that the
ADSM
scheduler takes up. I don't know about other platforms (Becasue at the moment
we only
backup Mac's with ADSM), however I believe 1.5MB is a little too much for a
utility
that spends 95% of its time waiting for the clock to tick....

I've seen people slag off about mickeysoft and their code bloat, but this one is
getting up there too. Please don't make my users compare ADSM to Word6.0.... I
actually like ADSM....

Hamish Marson, Computer Services, University of Waikato|
hamish AT waikato.ac DOT nz.  Fax +64 7 8384066               | Computers are
only
Disclaimer: Remember. You heard it here first!         |   Human.....

In you can't measure output, then you can't measure input.
                                        -- Charles Schultze