ADSM-L

[no subject]

1995-07-07 11:40:43
From: Frank Ramke <ramke AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 1995 08:40:43 PDT
CPRINT processing completeck <raibeck AT IBM DOT NET>
Subject:      Re: Export Node problem

Andrew Raibeck asks:

1) Why doesn't selective backup pick up trustee rights. Are there any
   plans to fix this?

> Selective backups were designed to backup files. Selective backups
> will backup trustee rights (directory entries) if they've never
> been backed up before. Only the incremental will detect CHANGES
> in files and directories. If we backed up the directory entry
> on every selective backup, inactive directory entries would soon
> be rolled off and you would be left with only the very latest
> copy. We are considering allowing the -dirsonly option in backup
> and restore, do you think this will help?

2) I was under the impression that level 0.8 fixed the NetWare directory
   restore issue, so that tapes would be mounted only once. Can you check
   into this?

> You're right. With the fix, tapes are mounted just once to restore
> files and directories. That is, both files and directories are put
> into "restore order" before they are restored. Therefore, during
> a restore, you will see directory entries restored along with
> files. They are restored based on their location on the tape.

Frank Ramke