ADSM-L

Re: email notification

1995-06-22 14:25:04
Subject: Re: email notification
From: Paul Zarnowski <VKM AT CORNELLC.CIT.CORNELL DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 1995 14:25:04 EDT
We do this with a Rexx exec that runs every night and looks at Q EVENT and
Q FILESPACE.  It sends E-mail to users based on info the their CONTACT field.
It can be configured to always send E-mail, or only after their node has not
been backed up for a certain number of days.  We use Uni-REXX on an RS/6000,
but it should be easily portable to other platforms which have Rexx available.

I do plan to make this available to others soon, probably via anonymous FTP.
I need to clean up a few things first.

..Paul

Paul Zarnowski                     Phone:   607/255-4757
Cornell Information Technologies   Fax:     607/255-6523
Cornell University                 US Mail: 315 CCC, Ithaca, NY 14853-2601