ADSM-L

Info from "data base"?

1995-06-21 13:33:30
Subject: Info from "data base"?
From: "Wayne T. Smith" <wts AT MAIL.CAPS.MAINE DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 1995 12:33:30 EST
Now that we're at a point where we have a number of clients in a
steady state of backup, I'd like to consider whether we'd like to
increase the number of inactive files supported.  Well, we'd like to,
but we'd also like to know what this would cost in terms of data base
and storage.

QUERY OCCUPANCY does a nice job of this for an entire file space, but
doesn't break it down by Active/Inactive.  Even QUERY CONTENT doesn't
indicate Active/Inactive.  Any ideas?

Wayne T. Smith
Systems Group -- CAPS        internet: wts AT maine.maine DOT edu
University of Maine System   BITNET/CREN: WTS@MAINE