ADSM-L

sessRecvVerb: Error -50 from call to 'readRtn'

1995-06-16 14:56:27
Subject: sessRecvVerb: Error -50 from call to 'readRtn'
From: Bob Klein <KL2 AT CU.NIH DOT GOV>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 1995 14:56:27 EDT
Recently I have been getting the following message in my
dsm schedule log:

ANS4834E Unable to start scheduled event 'ALW_SCHED'
ANS4835E Either the window has elapsed or the schedule has been deleted
Session established with server ADSMT: MVS

However, a query event shows that the scheduled backup completed.

Indeed, a short while before the above message, there is a
message in my schedule log that an incremental backup was
successfully completed.  The only problem is no files got
backed up even though some files were changed.  I tried
doing a demand incremental backup and got the message tcp/ip
communications failure.  I then checked the dsm errorlog for
the past several days and it was filled with messages such as the
following:

06/16/1995 14:16:54  sessRecvVerb: Error -50 from call to 'readRtn'.
06/16/1995 14:16:59  TcpFlush(): send(): errno = 32
06/16/1995 14:16:59  TcpFlush: Error -1 sending data on Tcp/Ip socket 4.

What is perplexing is that at the same time I was unable to
do the backup I was able to issue administrative commands from
the same client host.

I am using a SUN OS client, going to an MVS 1.10 server.

Any suggestions about what might be happening would be most
appreciated.

Robert P. Klein                          KL2 AT CU.NIH DOT GOV
Robert P. Klein                          KL2 AT CU.NIH DOT GOV
Phone: 301-496-7400                      Fax: 301-496-6905
Mail:  DCRT/CFB/ETS, 12A/1033, 12 SOUTH DR MSC 5607,
       BETHESDA, MD 20892-5607