ADSM-L

MACRO HANGS

1995-06-16 10:08:03
Subject: MACRO HANGS
From: WILLIAM R COUGHLIN guser <wcoughlin AT GPU DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 1995 09:08:03 EST
  -> ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU     MAIL TO EXTERNAL MAIL SYSTEM   IO50C3
We upgraded to Version 1 Rel 1 Level 0.13/1.13 of the MVS Server
code approx. two weeks ago.  A MACRO we run on the Windows Admin
now "hangs" - the macro  RESISTERS the node and then DEFINES
an ASSOCIATION.  Here is the macro:

   REGISTER NODE %1 PSWD ARCHDEL=YES BACKDEL=YES COMP=YES CONTACT=%2
   DEFINE ASSOC STANDARD %3 %1

   (yes, the schedule does exist prior to the association)

The following sequence of messages displays:

    ANR2060I NODE xxxx registered in policy domain STANDARD

Then, when the DEFINE ASSOC command executes, the server appears to go
into a loop (as though the node really didn't get defined) - it seems
to be some type of timing problem.  Then any other administrator also
gets hung up (either OS/2 or Windows) doing any type of NODE or
SCHEDULE query.

We just ran the Macro under an OS/2 administrator on our ADSM test
system - same results! - therefore, appears to definitely be a server
problem and not the client. (yes, this macro used to work fine!)

I will be opening an ETR on IBMLINK, however, I was wondering if anyone
else ran into this problem.

                               Thanks... Bill Coughlin
                                         wcoughlin AT gpu DOT com