ADSM-L

Emptying and deleting volume

1995-06-13 02:15:19
Subject: Emptying and deleting volume
From: Jo Ann Malina <joann AT MAILBOX.SLAC.STANFORD DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 1995 23:15:19 -0700
I'm running the RS6000 server and testing various clients: AIX, Mac,
and Windows machines have all stored data into an AIX file that is a
backup pool volume.

I did MOVE DATA to clear out this volume. Q VOL shows the volume as
still 3.2% utilized.  DELETE VOL won't remove it because it says:

ANR2405E DELETE VOLUME: Volume /adsm1/backvol1 is currently in use by
clients and/or data management operations.

There are no processes running.  Three nodes have live sessions, but
they've all been idle from 1.6 to 5 hours.  AUDIT VOLUME says:

ANR2209W Volume /adsm1/backvol1 contains no data.

Since this is a test system, I could use DELETE VOLUME with DISCARDDATA
set to yes, but I want to know what I'm doing wrong for the time when it
could be real data.

--
Jo Ann Malina, Stanford Linear Accelerator Center
Jo Ann Malina, Stanford Linear Accelerator Center