ADSM-L

Open file on a Netware Server

1995-06-12 13:22:49
Subject: Open file on a Netware Server
From: Andy Carlson <andyc AT ANDYC.CARENET DOT ORG>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 1995 11:22:49 CST
I have to start this by saying that my knowledge of Netware is subpar.

I am working with our Netware person on one stubborn fileserver that
will not complete its backup.  When we checked the last file that was
backed up, it seems that it is in a directory of log files.  It seems it
is choking on the current log file, which is open (it is a btreive
file).  We put in excludes for these files, and are now hitting other
files.  I have shared dynamic on for this server.  What are we doing
wrong?  Shouldn't it try for an exclusive on the file, and then back it
up anyway when it can't?  Is there something special about a log file or
how it was opened that would cause this?  Thanks for any help.

 Andy Carlson  work: (314) 362-0516      fax: (314) 362-4495
 Barnes Jewish Christian Health Services   St. Louis MO
 Email Address:  andyc AT andyc.carenet DOT org

 "I suppose I should thank you for teaching me how true the
  old saying is.  Teach him how you will, a pig will never
  play the flute"
             - Thom Merrilin to Matt on the Spray