ADSM-L

Re: SUN Client

1995-06-07 14:19:54
Subject: Re: SUN Client
From: David Boyes <dboyes AT WOOD.HELIOS.ND DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 1995 13:19:54 -0500
> We have a users that would like to backup his SUN SPARC station with
> ADSM. Is there anyone out there that has done this that has any
> comments or suggestions on how to do it?

Yes. It works just like the other Unix clients. The machine this
is written on is a Sun being backed up to ADSM.

> Where can I get a copy of the manual for the SUN SPARC station client?
> I looked on compuserv but didn't see one.

It's on the VM Collection CDROMs, or you can use the RS6000
manual if you have one; it's pretty generic. You can also order
it from IBM through the usual channels.

> Is the code at index.storsys.ibm.com for the client or the server?
> We need the client code.

Client code is in /adsm/fixes/v1r2/sun. The code there should run
on sun3/sun4/solaris 1 or 2 systems.