ADSM-L

Re: Restore of a Netware server

1995-06-01 13:31:17
Subject: Re: Restore of a Netware server
From: "PITTSON, TIMOTHY" <PITTSON1 AT BWMAIL1.HCC DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 1995 17:31:17 GMT
I've gone thru a couple of Netware 3.1x full server restores.  Sequence of
events is as follows

1) Restore the bindery FIRST --   LOAD DSMC RESTORE BINDERY
2) Restore each Netware volume on the server  --
     LOAD DSMC RESTORE SYS:* -subdir=yes -volinfo -tapeprompt=no
 -replace=???
    The -volinfo parameter is required to restore trustee information stored
in the root
     directory.  -replace can either be yes, no, or all.   Only problem I've
run into with this is
     with -replace=all or -replace=yes you'll get some open files
(DSCAMENG.TXT for one)
    and prompts to the effect that the file is open and can't be
overwritten.  You can get
    around this by either specifying -replace=no or, for the server restore
process, install ADSM
    in another directory.

Tim Pittson