ADSM-L

Re: Point & Time Recovery

1995-06-01 17:30:20
Subject: Re: Point & Time Recovery
From: "Wayne T. Smith" <wts AT MAIL.CAPS.MAINE DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 1995 16:30:20 EST
Hi Chris,
> Does anyone know if IBM is working on an ADSM Client modification that
> will allow restores based on DATE/TIME?

yes, they are.

>  For example, I might need to RESTORE files from Mar 16th, 1995 to
> present, or RESTORE all files from Mar 16th, 1995 - Mar 30th, 1995.

What I expect to see in the near future (end of August Version 2) is
"point in time restore", which means you can restore a file, directory
or file system to what existed on a certain date.

I don't know that your scenario is on anyone's wish list.

cheers,

Wayne T. Smith
Systems Group -- CAPS        internet: wts AT maine.maine DOT edu
University of Maine System   BITNET/CREN: WTS@MAINE