ADSM-L

switching IP addr on a server being used by bazillions ..

1995-05-25 01:26:40
Subject: switching IP addr on a server being used by bazillions ..
From: "Joseph A. Faracchio" <SPGJAF AT CMSA.BERKELEY DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 24 May 1995 22:26:40 PDT
I've looked through the docs and hope I haven't missed this nugget.

Then again with all the bells and whistles that come out with fixes ....
 (some of which are virtually undocumented;)
 (well children ,  can u say: "ptf document-reading overload??")

We want to improve ADSM service by moving the ADSM server to its own TCPIP
server machine and 3172 card on our VM system.
But I've got Ba-Zillions of users with cmsa.berkeley.edu or 128.32.136.4
hardcoded in their .OPT files.   sigh.

The Novell client has something like this; but the VM server?
thanks .. joe.f.