ADSM-L

Re: JIM White - 3390-02 to 3390-03 sweep

1995-05-19 09:27:09
Subject: Re: JIM White - 3390-02 to 3390-03 sweep
From: Jane Dagostino-Snyder <j-dago AT CAFE.TC.UMN DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 19 May 1995 08:27:09 -0500
To convert to 3390-02 to 03 regarding ADSM volumes. storage pool
VSAM datasets.  DFDSS will allow a logical copy of unlike devices, I
suggest the following although you may have your Storage Management
area do the move:  backup from device, (old 3390-02) that contains your
pools, run logical copy and include the volume name- check the DFDSS
parms for this, after copy is done the old volume is offline and insure that
it says that way, or re-init with new vol name.  Server can now come
up, from what I've read ADSM only needs the dataset names and volume
name the same and should not care if you are using a different address
or not.  I would suggest to expand the dataset right after the successful
copy, get while the getting is good.    Jane Dagostino-Snyder