ADSM-L

Re: Storage Pool Sizes

1995-05-19 09:35:38
Subject: Re: Storage Pool Sizes
From: Jerry Lawson <jlawson AT ITTHARTFORD DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 19 May 1995 08:35:38 EST
Jeffery:

> What sizes are your online storage pools, and what dasd type are they
> on.  Also, how often does ADSM call for a tape mount with your setup.

My pool is 1G in size - it is on an Iceberg box that is set to look like a
3380K (Server is MVS).  This pool supports 120 clients - a mixture of OS/2 and
Windows with a couple of NetWare servers.  It migrates to tape once a day,
usually in the middle of the night when the scheduled activity runs.

I am expecting to increase the size shortly, as we add more clients.  Of
course the size of the pool is dependent on the activity of the clients.  When
they are first coming on, and doing full backups, activity will be greater.
As they stabalize, activity should also decline, as they are only doing
incrementals.  The exception to that are things like servers that have high
activity all of the time.  For example, we have a large cc:Mail data base that
gets backed up nightly - this file could be as big as a new user coming on.

Jerry Lawson