ADSM-L

DSMC Restore to a certain date

1995-05-05 12:03:17
Subject: DSMC Restore to a certain date
From: "Linnea T. Nichols" <us5rnfrn AT IBMMAIL DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 5 May 1995 12:03:17 EDT
>The best way to do this is with the GUI client.  Use Restore by Filespec,
>and then sort the files by date.  Select the older files, and do the restore
>Its usually easier than using the pick option on the command line.
>If you need to use the command line (Netware) then you'll need to use
>pick.  I expect there will be some relief soon...

>Brett

This solution is only partially OK - It's fine if a file shows as ACTIVE
and you can see the creation date -- but if a file is INACTIVE, there is
no way to tell when the file was deleted.

I've had this particular restore request more than once -- we really do
need some relief on this one soon, as there isn't a workaround that I
can figure out.

+++ "The secret of joy in work is contained in one word -   +++
+++ excellence. To know how to do something well is to      +++
+++ enjoy it." PEARL S. BUCK                                +++
                                          Linnea