ADSM-L

[no subject]

1995-05-04 07:32:56
From: Hans Kilian <dkatplzx AT IBMMAIL DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 4 May 1995 07:32:56 EDT
Hi.

This morning we had got an I/O error one of our ADSM database volumes,
and ADSM abended. This happened during expire inventory processing.

We've been able to save the data on the track that was affected, but
now expire inventory causes ADSM to abend.

The error message we get is:

ANR0207E Page address mismatch detected on database volume PROD.ADSM.DB2J,
ANR0207E logical page 6134 (physical page 20726); actual 6144.
ANR9999D UNABLE TO READ PAGE FROM DATABASE VOLUME.
 DSM server terminating operation - internal error BUF011 detected.

I would like to get rid of this error - but how?

I tried patching the page number in page 20726 from x'1800' to
x'17F6', but that didn't help much. We got a different error message
though. (I _assume_ it was the page number - it was at offset x'ff8'
in the page).

I really don't want to restore a backup of the database because we
don't take them often enough (as I've found out the hard way today) -
there have been recycles and stuff since the last backup. And we don't
use mirrored database volumes.

Any help will be appreciated. Specifically I would like to hear if
there is a way to mark the page as unused, so we can continue to
use the current database.

Regards,
Hans Kilian, ATP Denmark