ADSM-L

Re: Mac client domain

1995-05-03 14:07:09
Subject: Re: Mac client domain
From: "Brett Walker (408)256-0265 Fax:" <walkerbl AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 3 May 1995 11:07:09 PDT
Re: Note from you attached below

>This is  still a  problem. Two of  us verified once  again that  the hardrive
>name and domain name were exact. Yesterday  I updated the node to 1.2.0.7 and
>the problem still occurred.  This node with the apostrophe is  the only one I
>have had trouble with so I suspect  the apostrophe is causing the trouble. Of
>course, I can rename the hardrive but that shouldn't be necessary.
>
>The name of the hardrive is
>                           Charlie's Mac
>The Preferences file says
>                          domain "Charlie's Mac"

Keven,

I renamed a volume to Charlie's Mac, and I had no problem using the domain
statement.  I suggest selecting the entire line, choose Cut from the Edit
menu, and retype the line.  Sometimes, an invisible character gets into
the file (particularly if you use TeachText) and it can cause a problem.

Are you passing the volume down in a schedule, or are you relying on
the domain statement?

Brett