ADSM-L

Re: VOLUMEHISTORY

1995-04-20 16:28:35
Subject: Re: VOLUMEHISTORY
From: Bill Colwell <BColwell AT CCLINK.DRAPER DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 1995 20:28:35 GMT
In <1995Apr20.180530.25708 AT draper DOT com>, KL2 AT cu.nih DOT gov (Bob
Klein) writes:
>I noticed in our server activity log the message:
>
>No files have been configured for automatically storing
>sequential history information.
>
>Apparently there is a parameter in the server options file,
>VOLUMEHISTORY, which can be used to provide the name of a data
>set to record this information.  The problem is that I don't have
>any documentation for this.

(text ommited).

This is part of the enhanced database recovery which was added at level
0.8/1.8 of release 1 servers.  It is documented in the sample element
ANR1110.  If you are not the person who does the SMP for your system,
find the systems programmer who does, and ask him/her 'Where is the SAMP
element named ANR1110 stored by SMP?'  Review this file for
documentation about VOLUMEHISTORY and other new commands.

To more directly answer your question, create a sequential dataset
with attributes VB-6144-1028.  Add this line to the end of your ADSM
options file -

volumehistory 'full mvs datasetname'

Bill Colwell
C. S. Draper Lab