ADSM-L

Re: Obtaining list of backed up files

1995-04-20 12:35:23
Subject: Re: Obtaining list of backed up files
From: Reinhard Mersch <mersch AT UNI-MUENSTER DOT DE>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 1995 18:35:23 +0200
> I enter the command
>
> dsmcftp query backup -fromnode=node.name.trinity.edu -subdir=yes {spacename}*
>
> and I get a message that no files were backed up.  However, I can set her
> node name in my DSM.OPT file and use the DOS graphical mode client to see
> the files.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

Regarding backups from different nodes, there are two possibilities:

 tell ADSM that you want the backup of a different node (which is what you
   did), or
 tell ADSM that you ARE the different node.

The first way only works if the different node allows it (SET ACCESS).
The second one can be achieved by modifying DSM.OPT or by using the
command line option -NODENAME=...

Reinhard Mersch                     Westfaelische Wilhelms-Universitaet
Universitaetsrechenzentrum, Einsteinstrasse 60, 48149 Muenster, Germany
E-Mail: mersch AT uni-muenster DOT de                   Phone: +49(251)83-2488