ADSM-L

Help for new user

1995-04-18 08:43:25
Subject: Help for new user
From: "Jeffrey J. Zarend" <JZAREND AT GEMINI.MCO DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 1995 07:43:25 -0500
Hi all,

What advice would you offer for a new user of ADSM?  I just started it
up with the default options/settings.  I gave it 1/2 of a 3380 for
testing (it came out to about 770 Mb), plus the default minidisks
from the install.  I thought, great, lets try my hard drive, it's
only got about 200 Mb used!  About a 1/4 thru, the backup quit with
a message about the server not having enough recovery log space to
continue.

What settings/disks should I increase?  How does the log/recovery
space relate to the size of the backup pool?

Thanks,
Jeff Zarend
Medical College of Ohio
(419) 381-4505