ADSM-L

ADSM/6000 startup & shutdown at boot time

1995-04-12 15:49:58
Subject: ADSM/6000 startup & shutdown at boot time
From: Miami Joe Warner <70763.57 AT COMPUSERVE DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 1995 15:49:58 EDT

I've been having trouble getting ADSM/6000 Server and Client Scheduler
to start automatically at boot time.  I have the following at the very
end of /etc/rc.tcpip:  /etc/rc.dsm

/etc/rc.dsm contains the following on the clients:

     YYYY=`date + %Y `
     MN=`date + %m `
     DD=`date + %d `
     HH=`date + %H `
     MI=`date + %M `
     SS=`date + %S `
     cd /usr/lpp/adsm/bin
     nohup dsmc schedule > /tmp/dsmc.schedule.out.$YYYY$MN$DD.$HH$MI$SS

/etc/rc.dsm contains the following on the server:

     YYYY=`date +"%Y"`
     MN=`date +"%m"`
     DD=`date +"%d"`
     HH=`date +"%H"`
     MI=`date +"%M"`
     SS=`date +"%S"`
     echo "Starting ADSM/6000 Server & Client on $YYYY/$MN/$DD at $HH:$MI:$SS"
     loadpkx -f /usr/lpp/adsmserv/bin/pkmonx
     cd /usr/lpp/adsmserv/bin
     nohup dsmserv -F quiet > /tmp/dsmserv.out.$YYYY$MN$DD.$HH$MI$SS &
     cd /usr/lpp/adsm/bin
     nohup dsmc schedule    > /tmp/dsmc.schedule.out.$YYYY$MN$DD.$HH$MI$SS &

With this code in place, the server is starting OK and the scheduler on
the clients is starting OK.  The scheduler on the server did not start.

What am I doing wrong ?  Is there a recommended way to do this ?
Is there something that should be done prior to shutting down the system
?  Is there a recommended way to do that ?