ADSM-L

Is archiving from VM possible?

1995-03-27 15:32:26
Subject: Is archiving from VM possible?
From: Johanna Steper <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 1995 15:32:26 EST
     We have been using ADSTAR at this site since last November for backing
up Novell servers, Windows PC's, and H-P Unix on MVS.  We also have a VM
as part of our system.  As our VM users have become more sophisticated, they
have started using the VM spool as archive space, causing us to run out of
spool space more frequently, causing problems and necessitating closer
monitoring.

     In the search for preventatives, we were wondering if it's possible
to archive from VM using ADSTAR on MVS.  There is no mention of this
practice in the manuals and there is no VM client software.  However, if
anyone has ever attempted it or has any ideas about how it could be done,
please let me know.

                                          Johanna Steper (JKS02)
                                          New York State Department of Health